There's no doubt unemployment rates sky-rocketed when businesses decided to close with no known re-open date. The idea was to prevent the spread of the coronavirus while also protecting their employees from possibly being exposed. From a business standpoint, it all makes sense, but on a financial level there's a lot of people unsure where their next check is coming from. The good news is, there are business literally overwhelmed with work during this time and they are hiring! Check out the list below:
- Amazon - the company says it plans to hire 100k workers (4.3k in VA alone) and they have raised their minimum pay to $17/hr
- Walmart - Plans to hire 150k employees through May. While they admit many jobs will be temporary, some will convert to permanent.
- CVS - hiring 50k workers and giving bonuses up to $500 to employees required to work on-site during the pandemic.
- Domino's Pizza - looking to hire 10k workers ranging from delivery experts, pizza makers and customer service reps.
- Kroger - already hired 2k workers since pandemic started and looking for 10k more.
If interested, click on the hyperlinks and it'll take you straight to the businesses career pages! If you know of any additional businesses hiring, leave them down in the comment section!