If you're here in VA, then you know Tropical Storm Isaias is coming to disrupt our day/night. Thankfully it won't last long, but the rain and winds could cause power outages so make sure you're Hurricane Preparedness Kit is stocked with the essentials:
- Water - One gallon per person per day for at least three days.
- Battery-powered or hand-cranked radio to stay up to date.
- Extra batteries.
- First aid Kit.
- Non-perishable foods - canned meats, canned tuna, peanut butter, jelly, bread, canned or dry soups, tea bags, etc. at least a three day supply.
- Extra cash.
- Sanitation and personal hygiene items.
- Medications - At least a seven day supply.
- Copies of personal documents - medication list and pertinent medical information, proof of address, deed/lease to home, passports, birth certificates, insurance policies.
- Extra fuel for your car and generator.
Most importantly, be safe!