If you're a Norfolk resident and ready to get your COVID vaccine, Norfolk is moving into phase 1c of vaccinations!
People included in this phase are:
- Energy: Electric industry, petroleum industry (including gas station workers), natural gas industry, and renewable energy
- Water, wastewater, and waste removal: Water and utility, recycling removal, plumbers
- Housing and construction: Hotel (traveler accommodations), HVAC technicians, hardware stores and similar retail stores, housing construction, house painters, electricians, housing and real estate services
- Food Service: Restaurant (servers and back of house)
- Transportation and Logistics: Shipyard, maritime, welcome center, road construction industry, air traffic controllers and TSA, airline pilots, flight crews, airline ground crews, airport personnel, car retail and repair
- Institutions of Higher Education: Faculty and staff
- Finance: Insurance carriers and related activities, accounting, tax preparation, bookkeeping and payroll services
- Information Technology and Communication: Internet/cell phone technicians, workers responsible for infrastructure construction or restoration, data center operators
- Legal Services: Workers supporting operations of the judicial system, including lawyers and others providing legal assistance. (Note: judges and judicial workers are included in the “Continuity of Government” group in Phase 1b.)
- Public Safety: Engineers, emergency communication centers
- Hair Stylists: Barbers, stylists, hairdressers
Appointments will also be open to the general public starting on Sunday, April 4, 2021.
As with all other vaccine sites, you must be pre-registered to schedule this appointment. No walk-ups will be permitted. The good news is, it's easy to get pre-registered! Just click here and you'll be good to go!