Happy homecoming, Spartans!
As you gear up for homecoming weekend, here are all of the updates straight from NSU that you need to be prepared to have a celebratory but safe time:
"To provide a safer environment for the public and expedite fan entry into Dick Price Stadium, Norfolk State University has implemented a protocol that limits the size and type of bags that may be brought into the stadium. Exceptions to this protocol will be made for all medically necessary items after proper inspection.
In addition to these protocols, fans are encouraged to visit our website prior to attending games for ticket and parking information.
NSU Athletics strongly encourages fans to not bring any type of bags, but fans will be able to carry the following style and size bag into the stadium:
Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12." No buckles, grommets/hardware or decor can be concealing any part of the bag. The bag literally must be all clear, or:
One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap can be taken into the stadium with one of the clear plastic bag options.
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to:
Purses larger than a clutch bag
Luggage of any kind
Any bag larger than the permissible size outlined above
Fans will continue to be able to enjoy their tailgate activities in the parking lots and to do so with greater safety and the knowledge that their entry into the stadium will be smoother and faster. They also will continue to be able to carry items allowed into the stadium, such as binoculars, cameras and smart phones.
In the past year, NSUPD has enhanced its already comprehensive safety plans with the additional measures such as pat downs, bag checks and metal detectors.
As always, safety is our number one priority. This will make the job of checking items much more efficient and effective. We will be able to deliver a better and quicker experience at the gates and also provide a safer environment. We truly appreciate our fans' cooperation. This public safety measure is being successfully used at other large sports stadiums nationwide.
• Wristbands will be granted to ticket holders to allow for admittance into the tailgating area.
• Tailgate wristbands will be distributed to ticket holders at multiple locations throughout campus the day of the game. Wristbands will also be available for pick-up at the student center during the Spartan Spirit Fest from 12-4 p.m. on Friday before the game.
• Patrons must have their wristband prior to approaching the tailgate. Wristbands will NOT be distributed at the tailgating entrances.
• The mobile ticket booth at the NSU tennis courts will have tailgating ticket packages available for sale on the day of the game at the start of the fourth quarter up until one hour after the game.
• Wristbands may be obtained inside the stadium after kickoff.
• All bags will be checked per campus security measures at all tailgate entrances.
More information on tailgating can be found here (PDF).
Fans who require handicap parking should enter campus through Gate 8 only on game days. Fans with a handicap placard must have a public parking pass or can pay for public parking entry at Gate 8. Please refer to the website for additional information.
More details can be found here.