We're saying goodbye to 2022 (finally) and hello to 2023! As we welcome the new year, some people will be celebrating with alcohol. A non-profit, Drive Safe Hampton Roads, is sponsoring 757 Sober Ride for the alcohol-impaired to get home safely!
"Safety is the cornerstone of all healthy communities, and it's one of the key values Lyft was founded on. Using Lyft as an alternative to impaired driving is a smart option for individuals and for reducing social harm in their communities," said Kamillah Wood, Director of Public Policy for Community Safety at Lyft. "Roadway Safety Programs like in Hampton Roads and Lyft's public partnerships empower communities with safer options for themselves and those around them."
The new year isn't the only day they make sure you get home safely. According to their website, these are the following days offered in 2022-2023:
2022-2023 757 Sober Ride Holidays:
- Halloween - Friday, October 28 and Saturday, October 29
- Blackout Wednesday - November 23
- New Year's Eve - Saturday, December 31
- Super Bowl Sunday - Sunday, February 12
- St. Patrick's Day - Friday, March 17
- Cinco de Mayo - Friday, May 5
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 29
- July 4th - Tuesday, July 4