City parking garages available to residents now until Saturday, September 7 at noon:
• Fountain Park Garage, 130 Bank Street
• Main Street Garage, 230 East Main Street
• West Plume Street Garage, 135 West Plume Street
• Town Point Garage, 110 West Main Street
The York Street and Freemason Garages are full.
Additionally, all Old Dominion University garages are open to Norfolk residents until at 8AM on Monday, September 9.
Three shelters available. Currently, 68 residents and 2 dogs have taken shelter.
• Bayview Rec Center (pet friendly) – 8613 Willow Terrace Blvd.
• Norview High School (medical services) – 6501 Chesapeake Blvd.
• Southside STEM Academy – 1106 Campostella Rd.
If transportation to a shelter is needed, please call Norfolk Cares Call Center at 757.664.6510.
Recommended items to bring to a shelter:
• Food & Water – snacks, bottled water
• Medications – prescriptions, glasses and contacts
• Clothing – a change of clothes, socks, footwear
• Blanket/Pillow – sleeping bags, blankets and pillow
• Hygiene Items – toothbrush, toothpaste, sanitary items
• Identification – ID or military ID, proof of residency
• Pet Provisions – identifications/tags, immunization records, food/water, medications, carrier, muzzle/collar/leash, comfort items